Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Pronounciation ruling please

From: tynor%prism@gatech.edu (Steve Tynor)
Date: 20 Oct 89 13:17:43 GMT
Subject: Pronounciation ruling please
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

After securing a copy of TSW, I picked up the Danielle Dax CD that has been
reviewed here on Love Hounds recently. I may have made a faux pas when I asked
the salesman if they carried "Danielle Dacks". He looked confused then said,
"Oh! you mean _Dahs_...". So which is it, fellow Houndians? What do we know of
this Dax person - I'm favorably impressed by the album (even if she did rip
off Kate by stealing the dijeradu (sp?) and drum track off the Dreaming - may
_because_ she did!)

I'll withold comment on TSW since I was thoroughly lambasted (by |>oug, of
course) for complaining, after my initial hearing, that RUTH had a boring drum
track, and that the video reflected that (with repetative dance gestures) - I
even had the audacity to suggest that the fade out was reminicent of Beatles
circa Magical Mystery Tour - shame on me.

I'll give it some more time before I commit my views on TSW to public
criticism - I am haunted by the title track, however...

Progress means replacing something wrong with something more subtly wrong.

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Tech Research Institute
    Artificial Intelligence Branch
    tynor@prism.gatech.edu