Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Is Kate trying to tell us something?

From: radlein!ray@uunet.UU.NET (Ray Radlein)
Date: Thu Oct 19 23:21:53 1989
Subject: Is Kate trying to tell us something?

In a message of <18 Oct 89 19:10:33 GMT>, Edward Suranyi writes:

> A major earthquake here the day of the album's release -- is Kate trying
> to tell us something?

In my case, I suppose she was telling me not to listen to the album more
than once that day; I only got back from the record store at about 7:00 pm
EDT...

> the chandelier in my bedroom was swinging almost to the ceiling.

Chandelier? Pretty fancy for a bedroom! :-)

> I'd like to hear from any Bay Area love-hounds through e-mail to see what
> their situation is, if they can get through.  I'm especially concerned
> about Tracy Roberts; I heard that Santa Cruz was particularly hard hit.

Amen! As the severity of the earthquake became apparent, my first thoughts
were (1) Concern for my wife's father, who lives in Newark (near Fremont);
(2) Concern for Santa Cruz and environs, where all those wonderful
Love-Hounds live; and (3) Concern for Los Gatos, birthplace of my beautiful
Amiga....

                                        -Ray R.

  UUCP:{uunet!ncrlnk, gatech!hubcap}!ncrcae!secola!smoak!avcom!radlein!ray
  FIDO:1:376/14.96, 12.3; UUCP #2: [sdcsvax nosc]!crash!pro-carolina!rayr;
  ARPA:crash!pro-carolina!rayr@nosc.mil; or INET:rayr@pro-carolina.cts.com

                    What is the answer to this Question?

            DISCLAIMER: "We Only Know in Theory What We Are Doing"