Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Disc and disc!

From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 89 15:49:16 EDT
Subject: Disc and disc!

Stepped into our illustrious music store this morning and looked for
the disk but was unable to find it. I found this surprising (and
disconcerting!) since I knew that someone had bought it the day be-
fore. Anyhow, I asked the guy and he looked and didn't find it ei-
ther. So went spent a few minutes tearing through his boxes that he
got in the day before and still didn't find it. Then he remebered that
they had gotten that 'Love and Anger' CD-single. But he couldn't find
that either. At this point I was getting somewhat frantic and was
not a pretty sight - especially in this conservative little town that
time has forgotten.

So I stood around for a whle longer looking in vain. While I was doing
that, Mr. Clerk-person was answering a phone call and in the process
lifted a stack of stuff off the counter, revealing the Love and Anger
single! I nearly ran over some guy to get there! I recognized it just
from the color of the cover! I picked it up, looked at the disc itself
admiring the neat flower picture. Then I asked him how much? He looked
at me, thought for abit and said "Well, you've been in here enough for
this album - take it it's yours."

I almost orgasmed.

After regaining composure, I thanked him and put it in my bookbag. At
that point another Mr. Clerk-person came along and was asked by Mr. First
Clerk-person about TSW. Mr. Second Clerk-person, "Oh yeah, it's right over
here." He proceeded to go and get the disc from where we both had looked
before. After "ARGHING!", I thankfully shelled out the $14 and left with
an ecstatic look on my face.

Now, I sit in the darkened basement logged into clutx playing TSW (from
disc!) at very loud volumes. Now, you must remember that I've had the
promocassette for a month or so now and it STILL sends chills up my spine.
"Deeper Understanding" is on now and it is just incredible how I feel with
it playing behind me and the sound of her voice just roiling over me. It's
so much better on disc - like comparing a Porsche to a Dodge charger. At
this point I must confess - I'm a CD virgin. TSW (and Kate!) is my first;
and I can't think of a more appropriate disc to begin with...

--
woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu	"When the people here turn colder
REPENT! MO IS COMING!			 I turn to my computer" --- Kate