Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A banner day for Kate scholarship

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 89 23:40:00 EDT
Subject: Re: A banner day for Kate scholarship
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <676556@mac.Dartmouth.EDU> you write:
>Really-From: Julian.West@mac.dartmouth.edu
>

>(Warning, extended intellectual climax)
>------------------------------------

Is this like an extended 12" remix?

>First, Joe's reading of the (forwards!) words "Don't ignore me..." is
>almost certainly correct.  I don't even have to go back to _the_Ninth_Wave_
>to be convinced that they fit.  It even seems _obvious_ in retrospect.
>(I'll eat all the above words if I pop the CD in this afternoon and I'm
>wrong (and if anyone sends me a hard copy!).  I'll eat them forwards
>_and_ backwards.)

It sounds absolutely perfect.  Joe, my hat's off to you.

>we can only hear _Kate_ singing it in our minds (and how sweet
>it is! try it!)  But we can certainly hear _someone_else_ singing it.
>All I need is a good soprano, a recording studio, and a copy of the
>double-tracked single (the one with no lyrics, remember).  I'll get
>on it this weekend.

I have the CD single which has the instrumental version as a
separate song (real easy to cue up) and I have a four track tape deck.
Any good singers out there?

I saw a copy of the Love and Anger CD single today in our college
radio station.  Real beautiful packaging.  I wanted to steal it.

--
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I like George Bush, but this `kinder,  |