Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I'm bummed

From: datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta)
Date: 20 Oct 89 02:46:16 GMT
Subject: I'm bummed
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@uwm.edu

I am bummed, I called the local radio station to request something off
of TSW, I figgered I would do my part to help the world hear THE MUSIC.
Well, first I got a "Who is KB" from the DJ, "if you want to request
that, call the program director" so, next morning I called  the
director, he said "Well, I like KB but we are a top forty station, she
doesn't fit our format" Hrmmph, not good enough for me, I said "so
what, play it anyway" and he responded "well, CBS isn't promoting her
new album as 'top forty' and they didn't send us a copy of the album or
the single" I said "but..." he said "well, sorry. even though CBS has
the rights, they aren't publicizing the album as top forty"

I am bummed but I am glad I don't listen to the radio. I am especially
glad I don't have to hear about new music from the radio either.

WEll, on the "lighter side", anyone find the elusive

___
 |/
 |\

on the cover? I can't find it but then, I couldn't find it on Dreaming
either...

--
-Dave datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu