Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

About the earthquake

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 89 15:16:42 PDT
Subject: About the earthquake

I have been able to contact, directly or indirectly, Larry Hernandez,
Tracy Roberts, and Andrew Marvick (who is up in the Bay Area on vacation),
and they are all all right.  The party at Larry's house will go on
as scheduled this Sunday.

For those love-hounds outside the Bay Area, the Red Cross has said that
monetary donations would be greatly appreciated.  I was lucky -- Livermore
was hardly damaged, although we sure felt it.  Others got hit much worse.

Power was restored, so I was eventually able to finish listening to the
CD.  Mostly, I have to say, I've been listening to the news.  KITS, that
radio station I've been telling you about so much, was knocked off the
air for about a day; they are now broadcasting from a makeshift studio
on a boat in the Bay.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        |"The Amazing Kate has finally shown that her
Dept. of Applied Science   |cult knew what it was talking about all along."
UC Davis/Livermore         |   -- Terry Atkinson, _L.A. Times_
ed@das.llnl.gov            | (in review of _Hounds Of Love_)