Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Innocence Mission (really 10,000 Maniacs)

From: mcb@ncis.tis.llnl.gov (Michael C. Berch)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 89 14:54:27 PDT
Subject: Re: Innocence Mission (really 10,000 Maniacs)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

[microsoft!stevesc@uunet.uu.net:]
> I'd like to add my agreement to the people who have said that
> Innocence Mission sound a _lot_ like Kate.  More specifically, the
> lead singer (Karen Peris, I think) has a voice that sounds exactly
> what I would imagine Kate would sound like if she had Natalie
> Merchant's (of 10000 Maniacs) accent.  [...]

Exactly what *is* Natalie Merchant's accent, anyway?  I know that
10,000 Maniacs hail from upstate/western New York somewhere
(Jamestown?), but I know a fair number of people from thereabouts and
none of them talk or sing anything like Natalie Merchant.  Is she
European, or South African, or something, or is she just a local with
an unusual accent?

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@tis.llnl.gov / uunet!tis.llnl.gov!mcb