Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: "Joe Habermann" <haberman@cs.umn.edu>
Date: 19 Oct 89 03:37:39 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU

From: haberman@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Joe Habermann)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Kate goes commercial
Date: 19 Oct 89 03:37:39 GMT

In article <8910181909.AA02741@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>, Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
> Really-From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
>
> I was very surprised last night while watching TV when I saw a TV
> commercial which used Kate's singing as the sole entire audio track.
> The commercial visually shows a forlorn young girl sitting in a
> doorway in a dark alley.  Audially (sic), we hear Kate singing her
> part of "Don't Give Up".  After a little while the words "National
> Runaway Switchboard" and an 800 phone number fade in.

That suprises me too.  But if Kate Bush is going commercial, working to
help runaways would not be all that inconsistant with other stuff that
she's done.  Besides, mabye she'll spend the cash on studio equipment.

Now, if she starts telling us that "...this is *not* my father's Sensual
Oldsmobile", I think I'll puke.

Joe Habermann / haberman@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu / ..rutgers!umn-cs!haberman