Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: So happy to be alive...

From: donley@blake.acs.washington.edu (Erik Olson)
Date: 18 Oct 89 17:50:28 GMT
Subject: Re: So happy to be alive...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Among the other things, I noticed that the catchy rhythm track on HWD
sounds like the instrumental equivalent of something that might be done
by THE BOBS (for those uninitiated, the Bobs are an a "nu-wave" a capella
group who have avoided falling into the "Doo-wop" rut of others such as
the Nylons).  Something like the rhythm track on "Helter Skelter".

Has anyone brought up the possibility that _The Fog_ is a revisitation
of the character in _the Ninth Wave_ at a later date?  (That is, of course,
assuming she survived, which I'd not like to get into...)

   - Eo

PS: Is anyone alive down in the Bay area?  What an inopportune time for
the big one.