Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More fun with double-grooved TSW...

From: ncrlnk!ncrcae!cauldron!wingard@uunet.uu.net
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 89 09:53:09 -0400
Subject: More fun with double-grooved TSW...

The local "alternative" record store FINALLY had the 12" of
_The_Sensual_World yesterday (on the 12th of October!) and I
grabbed it up in my hot little hands.  When I took it to the
counter, the two salespeople had the following exchange:

SP1:	Should we warn him about the mix?

SP2:	What about it?

SP1:	That it doesn't have the vocals.

SP2:    Oh yeah.  (To me)  This isn't the 7" mix of the song.
	This doesn't have any vocals on it.  We thought we'd
	warn you now so that when you got home and played it
	you wouldn't get upset, 'cause we can't give you a
	refund for it.

Me:	Are you sure this isn't the double-grooved single?

SP2:	Huh?

I had to explain to THEM that the single had the two versions on
side one!  Geez, some people.  So now I've got something to tide
me over until Tuesday. (4 days!)  It's fantastic, just as you all
said...

Steve Wingard			wingard@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM
NCR Corp., E&M - Columbia	gatech!ncrats!ncrcae!wingard
West Columbia, SC		ucsd!ncr-sd!ncrcae!wingard