Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

UK TV interview

From: otter!dps@hplabs.hp.com (Duncan Smith)
Date: 16 Oct 89 12:16:11 GMT
Subject: UK TV interview
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

No-one else has mentioned this yet, so here goes ...

On Saturday 14th October, the music programme _Rapido_ on BBC2 (That's
British TV for you US Love-Hounds) began with an interview with Kate
plus a couple of short video clips (_RUTH_ and _TSW_). Over footage of Kate
at home on the farm, making tea, and slaving over a hot mixing desk with
Dave Gilmour, we had the usual references to her career, etc.

However, with Kate speaking on camera, she revealed her amazement at the
way her fans stuck with her for years at a time, just waiting for that
new album ... She giggled and said she thought "[we were] all just crazy".
The way she said this was SO cute, in that London accent of hers ...

Unfortunately, there was very little about the album itself, other than
that it is due out in the UK on Tuesday 17th October (Hope I got that
right - couldn't video it).

Duncan Smith