Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Guardian interview with Kate - Term Def Request

From: munnari!wraith.cs.uow.oz.au!stephen@uunet.UU.NET (The Mighty Ogbo)
Date: 17 Oct 89 05:08:46 GMT
Subject: Re: Guardian interview with Kate - Term Def Request
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <2067@draken.nada.kth.se>, Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
> Really-From: nv89-pyl@nada.kth.se (Patrik Yle'n)
>

> I must say that I'm truly amazed that somebody could not have heard
> about Kylie Minogue. She is right now every european twelve-year-
> olds favourite, with hits like 'Hand on your Heart' and 'I should
> be so lucky'. (Pretty dreadful stuff really.)

Agreed here. Most Australians will cringe and hide under tables at the
mere mention of Kylie Minogue's or Jason Donovan's name. The most amusing
thing about them is that they claim every os often to be 'serious artists'.
Bollocks!!

> Kylie comes from Australia, where she originally was an actress
> in a soap called 'Neighbours'.

Yes, this is now the favourite soap in Britain. I thought the people from the
UK had far more taste. She wasn't a very good actress either.

I have no idea how Kate and Kylie could share space on the record charts.
There's no real contest there. Kate is a musician and meaningful. Kylie is
popular, but who cares :-)

Stephen Nicholson (The Mighty Ogbo)                    stephen@wraith.cs.uow.oz

"I'll bet you're the sort of bloke who pulls his undies out of his bum with his
 finger when he's talking to someone..." - Black Alice - "Sons of Steel"