Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

in the middle of nowhere

From: koeppel@athos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: 16 Oct 89 17:24:53 GMT
Subject: in the middle of nowhere
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

This past weekend I was in Great Barrington, Massachussettes, visiting
my grandparents and making plans for my wedding.. :)

We passed by a music store and just on a whim I tohught I'd go in
and see what they knew about Kate. Knowing that they were in the
middle of nowhere, and were a pretty small music store, I asked if
they ever got promotional cassettes. "Only very rarley" they said.
I figured there'd be no way they'd have "The Sensual World". It didn't
seem like the sort ofplace that would... theonly Kate album they had
was "The Whole Story". But I asked anyway, and they did have it!!!!!!!!!

You should have seen me jumping around! :) (Joe was _so_ emabarrassed!)

They let me hold it and look at it. It wasn't even out of the
shrink-wrap! I scolded them for not even having listened to it!!!!!!
I then asked if I could buy it and they said "No way" Not like they
were even interested in it! (musically) So I offered them $100
and they said "ok" but of course, thatwas silly of me 'cause I
don't have anywhere _near_ a hundred dollars! :) So I reluctantly
handed it back to them.

"We do have the single", the guy said. But I told him I already had
it... then he handed it to me, and I remebered that the US single
is "Love and Anger". He handed me the CD, which I know has laready
been described here, but it was still _neat_ to see it, to be holding
it. He said there was _no_ amount he could sell it for. I told
him it was o.k... I really haven't enough money to buy a CD for only
one song, especially when the album will be out so soon. Although
I'd really really really love to have it _just_ _because_. I'm sure
you guys all understand! :)

But, I just looked at it for a while... Then the guy said he'd play it
for me, and you really should have seen me bounce around then!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lady shopping in the store wanted to know what on earth could get
someone _so_ excited, so I explained as best I could how amazing Kate
is, and I suggested some albums for her to get, so I was very happy to
have been able to spread the word some!!!!!!!!!!

				     jessica