Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TD vs HoL

From: stewarte@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (The Man Who Invented Himself)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 89 18:22:49 -0700
Subject: Re: TD vs HoL
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Was I only dreaming, or did Mike Pritchard <mpp@uf.msc.umn.edu> actually say:

>Take it easy on the guy, |>oug.  I, too, once thought that The Dreaming
>was total trash (please, no flames!).  Let me explain...

[explanation of TD growing on him deleted]

This doesn't suprise me, because The Dreaming is not only the best of
KaTe's albums, it is also the densest.  Albums of such complexity and
opaqueness often take a lot of listening to appreciate.  Perhaps the
most extreme example of this in my experience is Vivian Stanshall's
ravingly brilliant "Sir Henry at Rawlinson End".  I didn't even understand
the storyline of this (largely spoken) album until about the 12th listen.

I digress.  Anyway, any Bushhead (sic) who doesn't like The Dreaming just
isn't listening hard enough.

-- Stewart
--
"If you can't puke adorably, you might as well
 not puke at all."