Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Guardian interview with Kate - Term Def Request

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 89 18:04:11 EDT
Subject: Re: Guardian interview with Kate - Term Def Request
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta)
>
>>Really-From: nbc%INF.RL.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
>>...Perhaps, with the charts stuffed with House, Kylie or heavy metal.....
>                                                 ^^^^^
>Would someone please define this term?

Kylie is Kylie Minogue, another one of SAW (Stock-Aitken-Waterman)'s
ridiculous musical acts.  SAW are a trio of producers with exactly one
bass line, and probably less than one good musical idea.  They take
these no-mind bozos and pump out some crass pseudo-disco shite for
them to "sing" over.  She and Jason Donovan are the subject of a song
by the KLF ("Kylie Said To Jason") which mentions Rolf Harris, Sun
ARise, and digeridus!  Probably the only pop song I've ever heard that
did this.  Having said this, Kylie's version of "The Loco-Motion" was
marginally entertaining.

Someone far cleverer than I once called Kylie and Jason "the cultural
equivalent of the AIDS virus."

PS to IED:  Thanks for that comment about the British music press.
I know you didn't mean it in a complimentary way, but I took it as one
anyway because my goal in life is to write like that...

--
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I like George Bush, but this `kinder,  |