Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (none)

From: tlh@PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: 12 Oct 89 16:43:52 GMT
Subject: Re: (none)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8910112109.AA12962@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: cheung@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (rich)
>
>I've been reading this group for over a year now, and like most of you
>out there, I, too, believe Kate is god.  However, even gods are not
>perfect and her mistake happens to be ............. The Dreaming.  I
>can't understand what you people see or hear in this album. I don't
>even consider it music - it's that bad.  As a side note, I think HoL
>is THE BEST.

When I first got The Dreaming, I would have agreed with you.  Now, however
after many repeated listenings I've completely changed my mind about it.
The Dreaming is (in my opinion) nothing less than an inspired work of genius.
Don't judge it until after you understand and feel the message in her music.
You might surprise yourself completely and start liking it!  I particulary
remember *NOT* liking *AT*ALL* "Get Out of My House."  Now, however; I'm
even enchanted with *that* song!  As for HoL, I think it and TD are her
two greatest works.  Actually, I've found that I like virtually everything
Kate does.. She's the only performer I've ever been able to say that about.

Lee Hounshell