Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ONE MORE... Re: Tony Levin, Jerry Marotta

From: sas!sas.UUCP!jon@mcnc.org (Jon Allen)
Date: 11 Oct 89 21:47:28 GMT
Subject: ONE MORE... Re: Tony Levin, Jerry Marotta
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ok, I've waited long enough; you had your chance. WHAT ABOUT JOAN??? Yes,
that's right, you forgot Joan Armatrading (somehow)! And she's ENGLISH, too,
LoveHounds! Levin and Marotta play on "Walk Under Ladders", and I feel sure
there're a couple others they're on, too (e.g. "The Key" with Adrian Belew).
These guys make a great rhythm section for Joan's funk-pop-a-roll, as well
as for her (killer) ballads.

p.s. love that Syd Straw; if you do too, check out her work on Golden
Palomino's "Blast of Silence" and, to a lesser extent, their "Visions of
Excess."
--
Jon Allen                standard disclaimer           Internet:  jon@sas.uucp
SAS Institute, Inc.                                    uucp:   ...!rti!sas!jon