Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: this 'n that

From: gatech.edu!mit-eddie!gaffa.mit.edu!jsd@cs.utexas.edu (Jon Drukman)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 89 18:00:30 GMT
Subject: Re: this 'n that
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
>i guess i'm a wimp, cuz i'm waiting for the tsw lyrics sheet
>before jumping into analysis discussions with jon d. and julian!

damn straight!  don't you know the whole spirit of love-hounds?
plunge headfirst into farcical explanations of things that you
haven't got the slightest idea about what they really mean!

>however drukman, on the little i *can* discern from "rocket's
>tail", suicide doesn't occur to me.  why would she want to go
>*up* or skyward?  i associate this with soaring in a positive
>way, not spiraling *downward* towards a suicidal death.  however,
>my speculation is premature, as i haven't figured out all the
>lyrics yet.

i just read the official transcription, and it seems to me that
my suicide idea may have been farfetched, but i'm still gonna spend
a few hours finding a way to make it work.  stay tuned.

>shoot me).   so far "love and anger" is my fave.  and i must
>agree with jon drukman (god, did i say that??) in that
>if someone hates you, that's far more flattering that someone
>feeling nothing for you at all.  in the context of ex's, that is.
>don't worry jon--we aren't the clods you think.  it's just nice
>to hear that you've been in love, and experienced those softer
>emotions of your female side.

ugh.  forget i ever mentioned it.  if i ever hear one more mention of
stinking rotten female side in this newsgroup, i'm going to commit
horrendous attrocities and wind up as the subject of a future kate
bush song ("The man with the Chainsaw in his Hand").  fyi, i checked
last night with a microscope, halogen light, and some funny diffraction
gradings, and i have absolutely no female side whatsoever.  this is
undoubtedly the reason why i am going to give kate's latest record a
very blase review, assuming CBS ever sends us the stinking promo kit
they promised.  female energies, indeed!

>i'm still rigid in my opinion that HoL is the richest, strongest,
>deepest work so far.  at least i'm not alone (thanks, jon p.).
>andy gough is ofcourse, off his rocker--TD is lots o' fun, but
>the *best*?  come, now.

uh oh, these be fightin' woids, woman!  and how could i ever have
thought that it was _you_ knocked up with my 2 headed love chile!?
_the_dreaming_ is the finest recorded work known to man, and it
shall remain that way until the end of time, if _the_sensual_world_
is any indication.  "lots o' fun"?  what are you, insane?  only if
you find schizophrenia, and negative energy lots o' fun! (which i
do, actually...)

i _knew_ those bird cries were largely irrelevant to _walk_straight_
down_the_middle_...

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I like George Bush, but this `kinder,  |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | gentler' crap is killing us." - D.Trump |