Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

US TSW Single

From: davis@bdmrrr.bdm.com (Arthur Davis x4675)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 89 00:45:50 EDT
Subject: US TSW Single

I was under the impression that the American release of the single
from The Sensual World was the title cut.  For that matter, I thought
someone pointed out that the Canadian release was the same.

Anyway, when my local progressive station played the single on its
new music show tonight, it was "Love and Anger".  They also threw in
a bit more for Kate fans with a live version of "Running Up That Hill"
and "Experiment IV" from TWS.  I called the DJ and asked where the new
song came from and he said it was the CD single and the sole track.
So I wondered what was going on?  Is there a cassette single out there
with "The Sensual World" and "Love and Anger"?  Or something else?

I just wish I could find one of something in the metro DC area before
the album comes out.  No one at Tower Records was even aware that an
album was being released.  In fact, the only place that knew about the
album was a Kemp Mill Records in Reston, VA.

Sigh!  Maybe I'll have to wait for the album.  At least I have
"Love and Anger" taped from the radio.

Arthur Davis
davis@bdmrrr.bdm.com

"And no more turn aside and brood,
 Upon love's bitter mystery,
 For Fergus rules the brazen cars"

      [ "Love and Anger" is the first U.S. single -- not "The Sensual
        World".  -- |>oug ]