Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Kate in Washington DC area

From: davis@bdmrrr.bdm.com (Arthur Davis x4675)
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 89 19:47:56 EDT
Subject: New Kate in Washington DC area

I was happily typing away this afternoon on my Macintosh, getting a
little work done and listening to my favorite local progressive
radio station WHFS 99.1 in Annapolis, MD.  It's the only local
station one is ever likely to hear Kate on as far as I know by the
way.  As I was typing, I was stopped cold mid-keystroke when I
heard "Hi, this is Kate Bush, and you're listening to WHFS 99.1,
Annapolis, Baltimore, and Washington".

Since the mere sound of her voice, spoken or singing, is enough to
set me into a pause of wonderment{, I must have delayed a second
or two at least before I thought to myself: "Good grief, this is a
leader to a Kate Bush song, and maybe it's the new single".  Scrambling
madly to get a clean tape in the tape deck, I knew I would get it
started too late.  I was greeted, before I could get too upset, by the
familiar sounds of "Running Up That Hill".  This is fine, I thought to
myself, but I can listen to this any time I like.  Now I am disappointed
for another reason, so I call the station.  The DJ is Mike and he is
lamenting not having the new single as much as I am.  He did, however,
say that another DJ Dave had the single and would be introducing it
tomorrow night on his New Stuff show.

The good thing that came out of all this is that I will now have my
tape deck at the ready Sunday night at 8, and also that the DJ went
back on the air after RUTH was over and after my phone call and paid
homage to Kate, telling everyone about the nes~w single and the new
album.  So, the word continues to get out.

Only about a week now ...

Arthur Davis
Suspended in Northern Virginia (for a week anyway)
.{