Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Keeping Me Waiting

From: rdg@hpfcmi.hp.com
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 89 18:08:54 MDT
Subject: Keeping Me Waiting
Mailer: emacs-mh
Sender: rdg@hpfcmi.hp.com

I've got a question about the song "Keeping me Waiting" that appears
on the Cathy Demos. There's a line that goes something like:

   I've seen many strange things/shooting stars, stars and stripes

Is the phrase "stars and stripes" supposed to mean the USA, and if so,
why exactly does she consider is _strange_?

Or am I just reading too much into the lyric? Maybe somebody can find
an interview to shed some light on this... ;-) ;-)

    Rob Gardner                     hplabs!hpfcmr!rdg
    Hewlett Packard                 or rdg%hpfcmr@hplabs.hp.com
    Fort Collins, Colorado          303-229-2048
		80525-9599

		     "Ask me about Home Brewing"