Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane Siberry

From: Marq Laube <marq@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 89 14:55:58 PDT
Subject: Jane Siberry

I just read someone's message that mentioned Jane Siberry's new album, Bound by
the Beauty.  I have to admit, I like Jane's music as much as Kate's (but it goes
down quickly after that), so you can imagine my chagrin when I found out Janes
new album is (vaguely) Country Western!

However, as a devoted Jane listener, I tried listening again and again (while I
might add, choking back tears) and the most amazing thing happened.  The Country
Western parts started to disappear and the full force of Jane's amazing talent
started to shine through.  It is an excellent album, and I highly recommend it.

I don't think that it will ever replace her greatest moments -- Vladimir,
Vladimir;  Mein Bitte;  The Taxi Ride;  The White Tent The Raft;  The Walking --
 but it is still worth trying.   If any of you Kate fans haven't tried Jane yet,
you should do so!  Start with The Speckless Sky and The Walking.

Finally, if anyone knows anything about Jane's pre-No Borders Here album, please
let me know whatever you know--what it's like, where to get it, etc.

Thanks!

-Marq