Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Great, great news!

From: riley@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Daniel S. Riley)
Date: 9 Oct 89 16:32:15 GMT
Subject: Re: Great, great news!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In some article or other, ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) writes:
[...]
>I just saw two more reviews of her album.  _Stereo Review_ didn't like
>it, but -- they didn't compare her with Kate!  _Audio_ liked it a lot,
>and they said, "She's been influenced by some rock greats:  Peter Gabriel,
>Kate Bush, and Jane Siberry, to name just a few."

OhMyKaTe!  Someone in the press actually thinks Jane is a "rock great"?
Cool.  Though, actually, I'm not sure I'd call here a "rock great"--just
great.

But not as good as Kate.  I wish I could convince my turntable to drop into
the vocal groove of TSW everytime.

-Dan Riley (riley@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu, cornell!batcomputer!riley)
-Wilson Lab, Cornell U.