Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Is Kate Bush the only thing discussed here?

From: caeco!i-core!pete@uunet.UU.NET (Pete Ashdown)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 89 21:22:10 GMT
Subject: Is Kate Bush the only thing discussed here?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I checked into this news group a month ago to see what kind of
progressive music discussion was discussed here.  All I found was talk
of Kate Bush's new album.  I figured, "No problem, I'll check in
later." So I did and I still find Kate Bush babble.  Aren't you guys
taking the description (ie: Kate Bush, etc.) a little literally?  I
mean, Kate Bush is good, but does she really deserve to have a whole
newsgroup dedicated to her?  I went to alt.postmodern and posted about
a few concerts that I had seen recently and all I got back was
philosophy about the definition of postmodern.

Am I completely alone on this?  Does anyone care to discuss the
happenings of groups like The Pixies, The Primitives, Throwing Muses,
and They Might Be Giants?

Could someone change the 'official' description to something more
generic (ie: remove Kate Bush)?

--
(^\__/^)    pete@i-core.uucp  uunet!iconsys!caeco!i-core
/ . .  \  <=== BEWARE!  The Snugglesoft Bear!