Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Roger Ebert and Kate

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 89 09:53:35 PDT
Subject: Roger Ebert and Kate

In the most recent version of Roger Ebert's _Movie Home Companion_,
he gives two stars to the movie _She's Having a Baby_. In most of
his review, it's clear that he doesn't like it too much.  But
then he says (and I'm trying to remember as well as possible;
I don't have it in front of me right now) "There is, however, a
very moving scene that takes place in a hospital. . ."

Those of you who have seen the movie will recognize that this is
*exactly* the scene where "This Woman's Work" is played, with no
background noise at all!

Coincidence?  I think not.  Roger Ebert may be a closet Kate fan! :-)

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov