Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ulysses by James Joyce

From: genrad!rbt@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Robert B. Tufts)
Date: 3 Oct 89 03:46:44 GMT
Subject: Re: Ulysses by James Joyce
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8910022155.AA03234@das.llnl.gov> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
>

>We're all agreed now that "The Sensual World" was based on, or
>inspired by, Molly Bloom's speech at the end of _Ulysses_ by
>James Joyce.  I thought I'd post part of this, so people who
>haven't read it (I assume this is the vast majority) can see
>what it's like.

...... words deleted

Thanks for posting it. I now recognize it as the object of a satirical
piece done by the Firesign Theatre many years ago on one of their LP's.
Can't remember which LP though. (a Guess would be the "Waiting for the
Electrician" LP).

Now I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to Kate's version without
either laughing, or at least smiling! :-(

-Bob T.