Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

iT's RUn its CoursE

From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 89 18:42:11 PDT
Subject: iT's RUn its CoursE
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

|>oug, ied,

i hope you two don't mind, but i've taken the liberty to post
small exerpts from correspondences i've received from each of you.
please shoot me and tell me to go to hell if i'm out of line
here!  i realize i'm taking my chances, but i just wanted to
remind myself (if no one else) how aligned you two Really are.

i will respectfully crawl into a hole with my tail between my
legs and stay there, if either of you (understandably) object
to my posting this.

From: Doug Alan <uunet!athena.mit.edu!nessus>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 89 10:49:03 EDT

[...]

I don't know why Andy and me wouldn't be civil -- we get along fine!  I
have met him -- I met him at the 2nd Kate Bush convention, which was
held shortly after HoL was released.  In fact, it was at this
convention that I told him about the existence of Love-Hounds, which
is why he signed up.  I also blabbed at him while he was trying to
record a Kate Bush interview that was being played over the PA system,
so no doubt my voice is permanently recorded in IED's mind and tape
library.

>From uunet!OAC.UCLA.EDU!IED0DXM Mon Oct  2 14:24:23 1989

[...]

   We can be incredibly abusive to each other, Doug and I, yet I
must admit, despite his infuriating remarks and dubious opinions,
I have a certain respect for him, and I guess he for me. Down at
heart we know that we're both united in Kate fandom, so I think
it's ok for us to hate each other's guts sometimes!

one more thing:  you two are the greatest kate fans i've ever
encountered anywhere.  lovehounds has made my life richer, and
you two are the prime contributers.  i'd get Way too much
work done if it weren't for your tireless and entertaining
kate articles.  way to go, guys.

-tracy (president, |>oug-and-ied fan club)
uunet!sco!tracyr,
tracyr@sco.com