Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

a few questions

From: "Daniel S. Efran" <de0t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 89 03:06:11 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: a few questions

Sorry if these have been answered already, but...
1.  In Breathing, they say "We are all going to die
_without.....(something)_"
What's the end of that line?  They do it quite a few times.
2.  Has Kate _ever_ been seen on a stage in the United States?
3.  Is there a poster of the Kick Inside cover?
4.  Is Kate's Ninth Wave related to Sting's (Love is the) Seventh Wave?
If so, what's the reference to?  (I assume it's literary)
5.  Is there anybody on here who hasn't bought Enya's Watermark album
yet?  If so, go buy it immediately.  Some of it's in English & some
isn't, but it's all incredibly good and quite in the league of the
Goddess.  You've probably heard of the hit single Oronico Flow, but some
of the other tracks are even better--Storms in Africa is my personal
favorite.  Anybody else have any comments on the album?
6.  Is Kate Bush the female Peter Gabriel or is Peter Gabriel the male
Kate Bush?
7.  Either way, couldn't the two of them have come up with a better song
than Don't Give Up?  Two of the most imaginative (read: strange)
songwriters of the century collaborate to produce one of the least
interesting songs either one has ever written?  I don't get it.
8.  Has anyone heard Kate's guest vox on the song Sister and Brother on
Midge Ure's album Answers to Nothing?  It's pretty cool.
9.  Does anyone know of any other KT guest vox that are worth having?
10.  Can anyone help me think of a tenth question?  I guess nine is
enough--one for each wave.

				--The Sphere (aka Dan Efran)
"Every little thing she does is magic, everything she do just turns me
on."  --The Police
(note the deliberate grammatical error!  Also, in the song Message in a
Bottle, when Sting sings "anuzzer lonely day, no-one here but me-o" the
sheet music actually says "anuzzer"!  Weird.)
P.S.  What do people think about Tangerine Dream?  Their newest stuff is
almost as bad as their earliest, but from about 1978 to about 1986 (from
Tangram to Underwater Sunlight, roughly) they were incredible.  Does
anybody know if they have a new third member yet, since Chris Franke
left?
P.P.S.  Thank you so much for posting the lyrics to Kiew Mission (on
TD's Exit album).  I've been trying to figure that out for years.  I
figured it was russian, but I got stuck there since I don't speak
russian.
P.P.P.S.  To me, saying that the new KT album is more like the first
side of HoL than the second just means it doesn't have many songs about
dead or dying people.