Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: tmc@cbdkc1.att.com (Thomas M Cliff)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 89 11:44:39 EDT

From: tmc@cbnews.ATT.COM (Thomas M. Cliff)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: KaTe interview
Date: 30 Sep 89 15:44:36 GMT

In article <1047@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk>, Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
> Really-From: John Precedo <jp@doc.imperial.ac.uk>

> On my local commercial radio startion (Capital Radio), there was an interview
> with Kate herself. Considering there are a LOT of people out there who don't
> listen to this station, I thought that I'd post a transcript of it. It was
> actually on the air about a week and a half ago, but with holidays and
> the time it took me to transcribe it...anyway there was some interesting
> stuff on it.
> All the attempts at punctuation are mine - but bear in mind before you flame
> me that it was off the radio.
>
> Oh well, read it and mentally digest......

[MUCH OF INTERVIEW DELETED FOR SAKE OF BREVITY]

> DJ: After four years, are you apprehensive about how it willl be recieved,
>    or are you pretty confident?
> KT: At the moment, I feel like I'm about to be hung. You know - will I get
>   off, or will I be hung?

Mein Gott! She said HUNG instead of HANGED!!!!  How could she?????  How can
anyone take her serious now?  Shit, now I'M doing it.  I meant SERIOUSLY!!!

Could it be worse still?  Could she mean that she feels like she's turning into
a, gasp, MAN???

Please John, tell us you mis-transcribed the interview!  She just HAD TO SAY
HANGED.  We need answers and we need them NOW!!!!

Tom <liff (or do you prefer {liff, or perhaps (liff, or even /liff)
							     \
Bell Labs
Columbus, Ohio
tmc@cbdkc1.att.com