Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Jane Siberry

From: chmilar@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Michael Chmilar)
Date: 30 Sep 89 05:03:09 GMT
Subject: New Jane Siberry
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cpsc.ucalgary.ca

While this will undoubtedly be overshadowed by the new Kate release coming
up, I would like to inform those interested parties that a new album by
Canada's Jane Siberry, called "Bounded by Beauty", has just been released.

I find this album to be quite different from her previous releases - it is
less "quirky" and more accessible.  However, it does retain her unusual
sense of humour, and there is some very interesting material.  Overall (to
me, at least) somewhat less satisfying than "The Walking" - but, then again,
I've only listened to it a couple of times, and I think this may be one that
grows on you.

Michael Chmilar,  University of Calgary,
..{ubc-cs,utai,alberta}!calgary!chmilar

	"What's your sign?"  "It depends on my angle!"