Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (none)

From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 89 09:39:40 EDT
Subject: Re: (none)

> Really-From: microsoft!brianw@uunet.uu.net
> That
> happens to be a phenominal album from a group which I usually ignore
> (there more recent albums do not measure up).

Funny you should like this album particularly, by most Tull fanatics, it
is considered traitorish to their original sound (sorta like "A" was -
an English magazine whose title I can't recall called it "Tull doing Ultravox")
I find this unfortunate since it is, as you state, an excellent example of
true innovation in developing a band's sound. I, personally, loved the al-
bum.

> except
> for EMI/CBS, which unfortunately means that my KaTe albums of not of high
> enough quality).

Unfortunately also true. In fact my promo cassette is beginning to develop
very low "scritches" as the reels turn. This has been a tendency for all
cassettes made by them and my first reaction to finding out that Kate had
switched to EMI was "Buy the CD! Buy the CD!"

woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu