Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Argh!

From: Mark Anderson <manderso@ugly.cs.ubc.ca>
Date: 28 Sep 89 17:06 -0700
Subject: Argh!

Hello, love-hounds.  In my semi-connected state, I just this afternoon
was finally able to read the last 2 weeks of love-hounds.  Things are
better now that I'm getting the digest; and there's still hope that
rec.music.gaffa will become available in our news.

Someone was asking about Kate-availability in Vancouver.  Last week I went
into A&B Sound and asked about "the new Kate Bush single" and the person
I asked knew what I was talking about!  He said it hadn't been released yet
but was expected on Monday (ie. this past Monday), and that it was going
to be getting lots of hype and/or airplay.

So on Tuesday I called them up, and the person who answered the phone said
that no, they did not have the single yet.  And when will you be getting it?
"When it's on the charts."  I don't know if this is good news or bad.

Today I called A&A Records, and they said they didn't have the single yet,
and furthermore they had no idea when they would be getting it.  So I
called Capitol-EMI and spoke briefly to someone there.  When I asked about
the single, he said "_The_Sensual_World_?  We have it on order, but I don't
think it's been shipped yet."  (Or concepts to that effect.)  He also said
the album would be out on the 19th...

On the bright side, I've been having good luck with _Brave_New_Waves_,
arguably the best radio programme in Canada (weeknights 11pm-5am(?) on
CBC Stereo).  They played _This_Woman's_Work_ last week and _TSW_ (the
single) this week!

Cheers,
Mark