Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cut the crap, cut the cack - heres The Sensual World

From: Graham Bardsley <mcvax!tcom.stc.co.uk!graham@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: 19 Sep 89 12:54:06 GMT
Subject: Cut the crap, cut the cack - heres The Sensual World
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: mcvax!tcom.stc.co.uk!news@uunet.UU.NET

I Thought you love-hounds across the pond would be interested in this. Since
you wont be getting this as the US single and there is probably some interest
in what the <feel> of the forthcomming album is I have tried to unravel the
lyrics to the two tracks on the CD single : _The_Sensual_World_
and _Walk_Straight_Down_The_Middle_ (the third is just an instrumental
version of TSW). The CD single was released in Britain on Monday.
Theres a couple of places where the lyric is pretty inaudible.
Anyway here goes:

		 	The Sensual World
			-----------------

Mmmmm Yes - Then I've taken the kiss of seed cake that foam his mouth
Going deep south go down
Mmmmm Yes - To the six big wheels and work damn hard
He's up off of his head and into the flesh
Mmmmm Yes - He said I was the flower of the mountain yes
But now I've powers ?o'er ernos? body
Yes

Slippin out of the page into the sensual world
Slippin out...
   To where the water and the earth caress and down on the peach says
Mmmmm Yes - do I look for those millionaires
Like a mad ?Coralean? girl
When I could wear
The sunset

Mmmmm Yes - And how we'd wished to live in the sensual world
It don't need words - just one kiss in another

Steppin out of the page into the sensual world
Steppin out of the page into the sensual world

Then the arrows of desire (remind) the speech
Mmmmm Yes - Then he whispered would I
Mmmmm Yes - Be safe
Mmmmm Yes - From mountain flowers
And at first with a charm around him
Mmmmm Yes - He loosened it so if
It slipped - between my breasts
He'd rescue it

Mmmmm Yes

And his spark took life in my hand
and mmmmm Yes
I said, oooh yes
Not yet

Mmmmm Yes

Mmmmm Yes
Yes

-------

As you can see - it's a pretty wierd set of words and without the music
probably doubly so. Anyhow heres another set of equaly strange words. I think
she's talking about Steve Biko but the word Biko in the song is masked a bit
by the music.

-------

			Walk Straight Down The Middle
			-----------------------------

?A warmth? come o'er my legs
Can't say no can't say yes
Can't help myself I need your help

Biko - ooh ooh what do we do we just can't move
       We're calling out for middle street
Biko - ooh ooh what do we do we just can't move
       We hang on to every line and walk straight down the middle lane

Oh he thought he was gonna die, but he did'nt
And she thought she just could'nt cope but she did
And we thought it would be so hard but it wasn't
It wasn't easy at all

Can't say yeh can't say no
Can't begin can't let go
Oh help me now

       ooh ooh what do we do we just can't move
       We're calling out for middle street
Biko - ooh ooh what do we do now just can't move
       We hang on to every line and walk straight down the middle again

Oh he thought he was gonna die, but he did'nt
And she thought she just could'nt cope but she did
And we thought it was all over but it wasn't
It hadn't started yet no oooooo

oh I (just come for) walk straight down the middle event
oh I (just come for) walk straight down the middle event
oh I (just come for) Brgrgrgrgrgrgrgr Ah
                     Brgrgrgrgrgrgrgr Ah

Oooh oooh, oooh oooh calling out for middle street
Oooh oooh calling out for middle street

Oooh oooh ... [etc]

Walking down the middle street

-----

Well that should give IED something to mull over...

----
Graham Bardsley,STC Telecoms,Oakleigh Road South,New Southgate, London, N11 1HB
..{mcvax}!ukc!stc!graham   <graham@tcom.stc.co.uk>   Tel: +44 1 368 1234 x2739