Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Song/artist identification help needed

From: Nigel Cliffe <nigel@hfnet.british-telecom.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 89 08:56:33 BST
Subject: Re: Song/artist identification help needed
News-Path: axion!ukc!harrier.ukc.ac.uk!zodiac.ukc.ac.uk!duke!romeo!dolber

Not sure about your spelling, however, see if you can get a copy of a UK
radio series called "Now that is what I call Mali". It is a documentary
about a trip to Mali to find Mory Cante (sp?), and Ali [ something I
can't spell like Faqu-turi ]. It was made by the BBC about 10 months ago,
and has been broadcast here  on Radio 4 at least twice. Unfortunately I never
bothered to tape it.
Try contacting the "Duty Office" of the BBC in London, to see if they
can help, either with a copy of the program, or with album numbers so
you can get the records.

Nigel Cliffe, BTRL, Ipswich, UK. +44 473 645275