Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: microsoft!brianw@uunet.uu.net
Date: Mon Sep 18 20:35:31 1989

From: brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby)
Newsgroups: rec.music.synth,rec.music.gaffa,rec.music.misc
Subject: Re: Camel Discography
Date: 19 Sep 89 03:35:29 GMT

In article <60944@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Guitarist from hell <fox-r@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>In article <89Sep15.130048edt.30806@snow.white.toronto.edu> ghfeil@white.toronto.edu (Georg Feil) writes:
>>
>>Let's let the camel wander over to a more appropriate newsgroup.
>
>And what newsgroup would you suggest??  Camel was a very good progressive
>rock band of the 70s (and into early 80s).  Their music is very unknown to
>most rock fans but those of us who have found them usually like them very
>much.  I have been a Camel fan now for about 6 or 7 years and have all of
>their stuff on album or disc when lucky enough to find it.
>
>So Georg, where would you like us to talk about Camel??  What more appropriate
>newsgroup is there???
>
>>Georg Feil

Due to Camel's heavy synth base, rec.music.synth isn't a bad start, but
groups usually aren't discused here.  I have seen individual band members
talked about, though.

I don't know how the heavies in the newsgroup would take it, but how
about rec.music.gaffa, the KaTe Bush newsgroup?  They've featured long
running talks about Floyd and more recently broke into analysis of
Genesis' _The_Lamb_Lies_Down_On_Broadway_, so they might be open to
another classic progressive group.  ((Hopefully I won't get stoned for
this)).

Brian Willoughby
UUCP:           ...!{tikal, sun, uunet, elwood}!microsoft!brianw
InterNet:       microsoft!brianw@uunet.UU.NET
  or:           microsoft!brianw@Sun.COM
Bitnet          brianw@microsoft.UUCP