Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Special Notice

From: koeppel@athos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: 15 Sep 89 14:05:36 GMT
Subject: Re: Special Notice
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1098@uowcsa.cs.uow.oz> Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:

> Really-From: munnari!uowcsa.oz.au!u8530671%uowcsa.cs.uow.oz.OZ@uunet.UU.NET (Scunge)
>
> In article <8909130519.AA04156@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>, IED writes:
> >      When the new single, _Love_and_Anger_, comes out on CBS Alternatives
> > Records on October 1, EVERYBODY PLEASE GO OUT AND _BUY_10_COPIES_ of it
> > immediately!

> 	Bad idea, guys. For a start, buying 10 copies each, you are,
> in a sense, lying to the record producers and Kate about the popularity
> of her albumn. One person liking it a lot isn't the same as ten people
> liking it a fair bit.
>
> 	Secondly, if the plan did work and they decided that Kate would
> do a tour, it might be a financial flop because only a tenth of the people
> they expected would turn up.
>
> 				Mark "Scunge" Wann
> 				u8530671@uowcsa

	   Well, not really. There are at _least_ twenty people I know,
	   really, many more than that, who would go to see Kate if
	   she came here. However, I think there are only three or so
	   of us, who would buy the single. So if we each buy a bunch
	   of copies, it works out about evenly. I know a lot of
	   people who will go to see Kate, just because they know
	   people (me, for one) who practically worship her. I know
	   my whole family will go, all of my best friends, and even
	   some not-as-good friends that i can comvince to see her in
	   concert. But not even one-tenth of them would go out and
	   buy the single. So I don't think we're fooling anybody.

				jessica