Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: refleKTions

From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 89 11:51:30 PDT
Subject: Re: refleKTions
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8909052017.AA10544@ide.com> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: ide!lofdahl@Sun.COM (Corey Lofdahl)
>
> [...great musings about obsKure songs...]
>
>Now for another problem, I'm becoming dangerously musically
>uni-dimensional.  With Katemas and these two new KT tapes, I find
>myself listening to Kate Bush to the exclusion of other artists.

too funny, corey!!  i experienced the exact same phenomenon.  altho
i'm sure some (ied, for example) would not call this a "problem"!
the tapes in my office are 90% kate.  no one asks questions anymore.

welcome back to ed!  glad to see you're back where you clearly
belong (posting to love-hounds).  i too, heard the top 105
"modern rock" songs on live 105, and was pleased to hear 3
songs in a row from KT (first experience of hearing *any* KT
on the radio, for me).  i think all three were taken from
_the whole story_, as the version of "wuthering heights" they
played was that one with the different vocals (an older kate
voice, where she really pronounces "Heath-Cliff").

regarding RUTH interpretations, thankyou Brian W. for your
interesting comments.  I never really picked up on the
sexual connotations you suggest ("do you want to know how it
feels", "do you want to know it doesn't hurt me")--i always
interpreted this as *emotional* feelings or hurt.  however,
wondering how her lover feels during sex is certainly a
feasible interpretation (come to think of it, i always
wondered what it would be like to trade places in that context
as well).  perhaps ied or |>oug heard the word from kate
herself on the intended meaning of this one...

"she's going to her favorite place"

-tracy,
uunet!sco!tracyr,
tracyr@sco.com