Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: microsoft!brianw@uunet.uu.net
Date: Wed Aug 30 18:27:58 1989

From: brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: The Man With The Attitude up his ***....
Date: 31 Aug 89 01:27:55 GMT

In article <8908240613.AA07570@ariel.unm.edu> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Lazlo Nibble <csbrkaac@ariel.unm.edu>
>
>> I'm sick of hearing this line about them being like childhood diaries.
>> It's bullshit.
>
>So are all the defenses of IED's piracy campaign that I've heard so far.
>You folks just hate to even *consider* the possibility that what you're
>doing is flat-out morally *wrong*, don't you?
>
>                                                Lazlo (csbrkaac@ariel.unm.edu)

Oh! I must really be behind the times.  You mean to tell me that someone
has finally gone and written down all the rights and wrongs of morals for
us?  No more guesswork involved, eh?  There must be some list that you
could post for us?  Or is there the possibility that morals are different
for each culture, country, state or even province?  Might be a lot of
paperwork to write them all down, maybe even enough to make military
documents look like brief summaries!

I'd really hate to eat you for dinner, but just because the thought
bothers me doesn't change the fact that such an act is considered moral
in some remote cultures of the world.

Why don't you just stick to arguing about what is ILLEGAL!  Now there
is something we can see on paper, and can be flat-out settled by a judge
and jury of our peers.  Morals have no place in law (or on this net, when
used to judge others), because no human has the right to impress their
"morals" on another.  And, yes, there are different morals for different
folks.  Especially with an International network as an audience.

I'm really starting to worry about this country.  Attitudes like those
above make me realize how lucky I am that Pat Robertson didn't win the
election and send me to prison for life for owning an album where the
cover art depicts the artist in bed with a couple of dogs.

Brian Willoughby
UUCP:           ...!{tikal, sun, uunet, elwood}!microsoft!brianw
InterNet:       microsoft!brianw@uunet.UU.NET
  or:           microsoft!brianw@Sun.COM
Bitnet          brianw@microsoft.UUCP