Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Queen?

From: Gary L Dare <gld@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 89 02:32:33 EDT
Subject: Re: Queen?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <Aug.28.21.55.41.1989.21383@porthos.rutgers.edu>,
Jessica Koeppel wrote:

>I have been looking for some of Queen's old albums on cd, and I can't find
>_ANY!_ any at all! Not in any record stores and not in any of the cd
>clubs. Does anyone know if there is any reason why I can't find it/them?

You'll find recent discussions on rec.music.cd and rec.music.misc, if
they haven't been already purged from your system.  To quickly sum it up,
all the old stuff not found is available on British EMI; your closest
source is in Canada, where that portion of their catalogue is imported
internally by EMI/Capitol Canada and sold as domestic (C$20-23).

The Canadian market is kind of odd, in that some artists' catalogues
comply with their UK labelling (e.g., Beggars Banquet, Vertigo, Virgin)
while others conform to their US labelling.  Versions seem to vary,
with a few odd Canada-only ones such as XTC's Skylarking - *all* tracks,
including "Mermaid Smiles" AND "Dear God".

The Kate Bush CDs use to be the original UK EMI's, then the EMI America
versions; unfortunately, it seems we're now getting the cheapo versions
a la the land of the free...
--
Gary L. Dare				Quebec Elections, 25 Sept.: