Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: rael@mvuxe.att.com (C Daniel Vanevic)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 89 10:30:06 EDT

From: rael@cbnews.ATT.COM (c.daniel.vanevic)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Run run run run Honey
Date: 17 Aug 89 14:29:51 GMT

In article <3187@scolex.sco.COM>, Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
> Really-From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
>
> where did you find this version of 'hounds
> of love'??  i haven't heard this one--it's great!  all the
> "run run run run run run run, honey, run from the hounds of
> love"'s--where'd it come from???

Tracy (and other love-hounds):

   The "run run run run honey" is from the "Alternative Hounds of Love"
12" single, which I really love.  As a matter of fact, when listening to
the album's HoL I feel like there's something missing.  I've made a "Kate
Mix" tape for myself that is loosely based on side A of HoL, but with
alternate mixes.  It goes as follows:

	12" Version of Running Up That Hill
	Alternative Hounds of Love
	The Big Sky (Meteorological Mix)
	12" Version of Experiment IV
	Cloudbusting (Organon Mix)
	My Lagan Love
	Handsome Cabin Boy
	Running Up That Hill (Instrumental)

   It is pretty awesome.  (BTW, sorry if I clobbered the names of any of
these mixes ... I've done them from memory).

   On the separate topic of the Lamb ... the "getting run down by a truck"
theory is really good.  Lots of backing evidence and many things fit when
you look at the Lamb from that perspective.  I personally always thought that
the Lamb was about a heroin trip (but also much more).  Supporting evidence:
"I got sunshine in my stomach" in the cage, and "it is hope for the dope,
as you ride the horse without a hoof" in IT.  But again, I think there is
much more there, which brings me (in a roundabout sort of way) to a different
point: should we go and ask PG what he meant when he wrote the Lamb and (once
the official interpretation is known) forget and never again discuss the other
interpretations?  I think that would certainly take most of the fun out of
listening to records.  So I say, interpret away and have fun discussing the
stuff.  It is neat and interesting to hear other people's views on songs.
I personally think she lives at the end of the Ninth Wave!

					Dan Vanevic
					rael@cbnews.ATT.COM

P.S.: I have read a Rolling Stone article in which PG completely denies ever
      doing drugs except for doing hash a couple of times and feeling really
      bad for several days afterwards.  Well ... as much as I like PG ...
      I can't quite believe him!