Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cloudbusting Question

From: Andy Hynes <ahynes@axion.british-telecom.co.uk>
Date: 1 Aug 89 09:10:03 GMT
Subject: Cloudbusting Question
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@axion.british-telecom.co.uk
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Dear All,

Could someone please KasT some light on the song "Cloudbusting" for
me.

When I first heard it I was under the impression that it was just
about some mad scientist and his daughter who liked experimenting
with the weather, for which the scientist was locked up.

But then I got my hands on a word sheet and I find that instead of
the last few words in the song being "Your sun's coming out"
they are in fact "Your SON'S coming out". This would imply, to me, that
childbirth is commencing. What child ? Who's child ?

I will apologise in advance if this subject has been discussed before.

Andy.

  __________
  |        | o           _________________________________________
  |        |/|          /                                         \
  |        | |         |  Andy Hynes, RT3121.                      |
  |________| |         |   British Telecom Research Laboratories,  |
      ||     |         |    Martlesham Heath,                      |
      ||     |         |     Ipswich, ENGLAND IP5 7RE.             |
      ||     O       __|                                           |
     ____           /__         Tel:   (0473) 646099               |
    / __ \     ____//  |        Email: ahynes@axion.bt.co.uk       |
    \____///
   ========