Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The album

From: nbc@informatics.rutherford.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 89 17:45:32 BST
Subject: The album
Posted-Date: Wed, 26 Jul 89 17:45:32 BST

>From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
>Subject: _The_Sensual_United_States_
>     Well, earlier Love-Hounds reports of a delayed release of Kate's
>new album in the U.S. have been confirmed by IED in L.A., too:
>_The_Sensual_World_ has been given an October 17th in-store date
>by the Hollywood publicity office of CBS Records. No word on when
>the single (which will have the same title as the album) is due in
>the U.S.--or even if that will _be_ the single that CBS puts out.

Looks like all you non-GB Love-Hounds will have to take a late
summer vacation over to England to pick up the new opus asap, and catch
all the TV and radio promotions that are likely to occur. Otherwise,
you will have to put up with all us smug Brits telling you how great
the album is every day :-) :-)

BTW, it has been over 90 degrees here lately so you can have a
Californian climate and listen to the new Kate.

I am not sure if this previous posting made it, so here it is again:

>From: Glen Clark
>Subject: Ravens and the Tower of London.
> I too wondered about the reference in Lionheart to ravens.  I had
> a chance to visit the Tower of London several years ago and
> behold there are ravens everywhere.  They actually keep a small
> collection of the somewhat ill tempered birds there.  The
> myth is that the Tower will crumble if ravens no longer grace
> the gounds.  As the Tower goes so goes England.

In fact the ravens at the Tower have had their wings clipped so they
cannot fly away! Perhaps that explains their bad temper! I think you
are right about the myth - though I always get confused with this and
the apes on Gibralter.

In case someone else hasn't already mentioned it, "This Woman's Work"
will be on the new album.

Neil