Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

northern cal KaTemas

From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 89 18:23:16 PDT
Subject: northern cal KaTemas
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

well, after lengthy discussions with fellow love-hounds
(thankyou larry, steve, and others who have contacted me),
the plan is to have a KaTemas celebration here in santa cruz
afterall.  it seems we'll have over 5 hours of video material,
along with various other tapes, albums, and cd's--even the
Very Rare and Obscure stuff.  thanks everyone for your generous
contributions to this event!  (we'll miss you, ied--veteran
lovehound tom affanito was hoping to get a chance to meet with
you and discuss kate at length, but perhaps some other time.)

here's the rough idea:  start at around 2-ish on sunday afternoon,
bring food to share (if so inspired), something to drink, and a
festive mood.  i'll have the bar-b-que going, and will provide
tofu kebobs.  as for hardware, we've got a cd player, cassette,
record player, and will have a 25 inch color tv and vcr (hooked
up to the stereo).

we'll celebrate as late as we please.  i hope to enjoy a nice
combination of thoughtful kate discussion and critique, along
with unbridled dancing to cloudbusting at full volume, jumping
for joy, and shouting "kate bush is god".  an extravaganza for the
mind, body, and soul.  it's not a large place (one bdrm apt.), but
if you're coming from afar, you're welcome to camp out on the living-
room floor.

the address is 41 grandview street, #201 (northbay apartments)
               santa cruz, ca 95060
(northbay apts. are on the corner of mission and swift)

call me if you need directions: (408) 458-1422 ext. 3238

all love-hounds and kate fans welcome!!!

see you there,
-tracy
...!uunet!sco!tracyr,
tracyr@sco.com