Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Ninth Wave - Yet more KonTroversy

From: Richard Caley <rjc%edai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 89 02:19:35 +0100
Subject: Re: The Ninth Wave - Yet more KonTroversy
Dragon: Mnemouth
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

kurtzman%pollux.usc.edu@usc.edu In article <18505@usc.edu>

>Yeah, its pretty clear that the person does not survive. Otherwise
>you have to make all sorts of out-of-body experience hypotheses to
>account for her being a ghost watching her loved one in "Watching you
>Without Me" and her ability to play peek-a-boo with the earth in
>"Hello Earth".

No, you just have to believe that a person near death is liable to
halucinate.

If she died how could she kiss the earth in The Sweet Morning Fog?
Reincarnation does not help; she tells her brother,mother,lover how she
loves them ( not loved! ).

She is dying in Hello Earth, hence the far away dreamy tone, but she is
picked up.

Besides, if she dies the whole thing is pointless. The Sweet Morning Fog
becomes just a silly song about a ghost telling her mother what she
felt; yawn.

But since she survives, we see it is a great piece of music describing
how a terrible experience affects someone, and how it makes her think of
what she has to live for.

--
rjc@uk.ac.ed.edai	" It's a terrible habbit, quotes "
				- Mayland Long