Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ravens and the Tower of London.

From: microsoft!glenc@uunet.uu.net
Date: Sat Jul 15 11:31:41 1989
Subject: Ravens and the Tower of London.

Please forgive if this is a double posting.

Andrew Marvick asked about the reference to ravens in "Oh, England":

I too wondered about the reference in Lionheart to ravens.  I had
a chance to visit the Tower of London several years ago and
behold there are ravens everywhere.  They actually keep a small
collection of the somewhat ill tempered birds there.  The
myth is that the Tower will crumble if ravens no longer grace
the gounds.  As the Tower goes so goes England.  I stood on the
small green lost in rapture (perhaps suspended in gaffa), watching
the birds, playing the song through my mind.  The locals must have
thought me quite daft.

Speaking of Lionheart, am I correct in assuming that the lyrics
in the liner notes are in Kate's own hand?

Finally, KT symbols on CD.
  TKI - (US jacket) back cover, left wing of kite image, black circle
	symbol with white lettering.
  LH  - front cover, can't miss it, on left side of wooden KraTe.
  TD  - front cover, just below (relative to picture, not relative to
	sleeve) second solid band on left sleeve of KT's jacket.  Rust
	colored (coloured).
  NfE - Unknown, reportedly missing.  What a great piece of artwork though.
  HoL - Unknown.
  TWS - With those piercing eyes, who cares.

Thanks .... Glen Clark .... uunet!microsoft!glenc
" ... Since none puts by the curtain I have drawn for you but I ... "