Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stuff

From: Douglas MacGowan <MACGOWAN@SRI-NIC.ARPA>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 89 07:50:58 PDT
Subject: Stuff

>Now for a real controversial question: Why do people on this net worship
>this woman. I'll grant that she writes interesting music and poetry, and
>that she is attractive, but seriously, why all the dedication?

Because she goes beyond songs and poetry and speaks of the things that
live in my mind that I am not fully aware of - she just hits a special
nerve.

>the only Emily I know of that would have any sort of interest for
>the very literary Kate would be Emily Dickinson

What about Emily Bronte who wrote "Wuthering Heights"??

If she doesn't die in The Ninth Wave, she must at least have caught
the sniffles.  Maybe if Kate had gone ahead with The Ninth Wave video
project we'd know for sure.  But then she might have made the video as
obscure and open to controversy as the audio.

Douglas MacGowan
MACGOWAN@SRI-NIC.ARPA
-------