Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate-echism XXII.7.ix: on further absurdities from Tim Maroney

From: tim@toad.com (Tim Maroney)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 89 21:57:51 PDT
Subject: Re: Kate-echism XXII.7.ix: on further absurdities from Tim Maroney
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8907102120.AA04541@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> Marvick wrote:
>     Just exactly what planet is Tim living on? Since when did "legitimate"
>releases come out with hand-lettered track-listings? Has Tim _ever_
>seen any announcements in Love-Hounds or anywhere else about the official
>release of a collection of Kate's b-sides? No! Once again, it seems to IED
>that either Tim is the most naive consumer in modern history, or he's
>being disingenuous--trying to justify acquiring bootleg KT products while
>simultaneously claiming ignorance, meanwhile scolding others for their own
>far more honest policy of admitting their helpless attraction to such products.

Since Marvick's own letter was full of personal attacks, I need not
scruple to point out that his own pretense and stupidity have once
again been his downfall.  My query was followed by the classic USENET
smiley-face symbol, :-), indicating that it was a joke.  This fact
would have been evident to even the dullest of intellects, even without
the symbolic reminder, but not, it seems, to Marvick, whose capacity
for outrage so greatly outstrips his capacity for thought.

Since the rest of his typically long-winded and flatulent posting is at
the same microcephalic level, I see no reason to respond to it in
full.  (Or should I really explain in full the meaning of an idiom like
"Kate can't dance", explaining as if to a child that it does not mean
she can't pick up her feet, but that she is lacking the talent
generally considered neccessary to a professional performer?  What
would be the point of responding to such moronic drivel?)
Postal: 424 Tehama, SF CA 94103; Phone: (415) 495-2934

"In any religion or form of worship, followers should be allowed to think
 for themselves.  In every religion that has a god other than Jesus Christ,
 adherents are not allowed to think for themselves."
    -- Lauren Stratford, "Satan's Underground"