Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

California Bush Bash (Katemas '89)

From: steve@halley.mp3 (Steve Williams)
Date: 6 Jul 89 15:10:00 GMT
Subject: California Bush Bash (Katemas '89)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Really_Really_From: Larry J. Hernandez, Tandem Computers, Cupertino CA
                    as a guest of steve@halley.mp3.UUCP

  This is my very first, but certainly not last, posting to the group.
I'm doing it "second-hand" via fellow L-H Steve Williams.  He's only
forwarding this; all opinions and "responsibilities" are my own, OK?
I will soon be posting myself, as I have just hooked onto USENET.  I
just haven't taken the risk of posting into this brave new world yet.
I'm bound to screw up; I just don't want to screw up bigtime.

  Anyway --  I very much would _truly_ like to attend (IED's)
California Bush Bash '89!!  I could not make last year's, but I really
would like to drive my truck down to La La Land and celebrate the
birth of our One and Only in STYLE!  I sure would enjoy riding down
with another one or two (or more) SF Bay Area Love-Hounds, however.
Just to talk Kate and listen to Kate (my own KollecTions, ObsK. I, and
The Tape, which I do already have, just in case IED decides not to
you-know-what), and to maybe share the gas (not required-the gas, that
is).  I haven't been through LA since 1976, so if you know your way
around there, so much the better!  I have a Toyota 4X4 (which means
two seats only), but it has a camper shell for anyone else who
wouldn't mind riding in the back.  Note that I plan to take Monday,
July 31 as a vacation day (read: ride back up day), so keep that in
mind.  Tentative departure date is Saturday morning, July 29th, which
means sleeping in LA (somewhere) both Saturday and Katemas nights.
I'll be packing my sleeping bag..

So as not to bother other L-H's (and because I don't yet know my email
address), please give me a call if you'd like to ride down with me.
That's (408) 249-4664, evenings after 2100 best.  Leave a message with
your number if need be; I'll get back to you.  And even if no one can
go with me, I plan to go anyway, if only for the simple get-together.

Later, Larry

(p.s. to IED:  I *really* do appreciate your kind offer.  I'm looking
 forward to meeting you!)

(p.p.s to ken@apple.com:  Thanks so much for posting Article 2438.
 I haven't laughed so much in MONTHS.  Enjoy HoL [the EMI tape] again
 for me, will you?  Just don't EVER play only part of The Ninth Wave!
 I'll "back up my words with actions," too, by going home right now
 and listening, for probably the 259th time, to my copy of the
 "..unpolished stuff," as well as to all of my EMI KT CDs, records,
 and tapes, and to the IMPORT CD of the new one when it comes out as
 soon as possible.)  L-H