Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

CALL FOR VOTES: REC.MUSIC.DYLAN (BOB DYLAN)

From: FRN@PSUVM.BITNET
Date: 29 Jun 89 20:09:42 GMT
Subject: CALL FOR VOTES: REC.MUSIC.DYLAN (BOB DYLAN)
Newsgroups: rec.music.makers, rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.newage
Sender: netnews@ms.uky.edu

    Interviewer: You've been called the most influential singer of the rock
                 era.  Still others claim you are one of the greatest poets
                 of the twentieth century.  Do you think of yourself
                 primarily as a singer or as a poet?
    Bob Dylan  : Oh, I don't think we have enough time to really go into
                 that.
                        (San Francisco, December 1984)

No, but we do.  This is a call for votes on REC.MUSIC.DYLAN, a discussion
    group dedicated to one of the most influential and intriguing figures
    in music history.  Topics of discussion will include Dylan's lyrics,
    30+ albums, countless bootlegs, tours, and compact discs; also, books
    and articles about Dylan, events in Dylan's life, Dylan performances
    with other artists, covers of Dylan songs by other artists, and any
    other topic the group wishes to explore (yes, even Dylan in Scotland).

REC.MUSIC.DYLAN is open to anyone who wishes to contribute to the dialogue,
    and shall in no way be limited to those who have only positive things
    to say about the artist.  This group is not intended to be a shrine.

This discussion group will be moderated by Tom Buckley (FRN@PSUVM), and
    votes should be sent only to this address; no votes should be posted to
    a NET group.  Be sure your vote is explicitly clear ("I vote for
    rec.music.dylan" or "I vote against rec.music.dylan"); to make things
    a bit easier, please type "yes" or "no" in the subject line.

Voting will conclude July 29.  Thank you.