Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KopyrighTs (last time)

From: mcvax!eutrc3.urc.tue.nl!rcbamw@uunet.UU.NET (m.waucomont)
Date: 30 Jun 89 10:35:34 GMT
Subject: KopyrighTs (last time)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8906262212.AA07522@hop.toad.com> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: tim@toad.com (Tim Maroney)
>Quoted-From: mcvax!eutrc3.urc.tue.nl!rcbamw@uunet.UU.NET (m.waucomont)
 [a lot of shit from me - trying to express my feelings in a pretty
  clumsy way - deleted ]
>Absolute nonsense.  [ some other shit deleted ] If someone told you that you
>are supposed to always boot from a floppy, they are a fool who did not
>bother to read the "Macintosh System Software User's Guide" that came
>with the Macintosh.
Worse: _I_ am the 'fool who did not bother to ...', just because I had
made the assumption that Macintoshes are wonderful machines that do not require
one to read lengthy manuals. Must have been a misconception of mine too.. sorry

>Of all the silly things said here recently about copyright, your
>message is the silliest.  No contest.
Sorry for having an opinion and trying to express it. Sorry for choosing
a lousy example to try to make myself clear. Sorry for failing to do so.

>        Oh, if I could only reach those lofty heights.
Well, who stops you from trying?

Scott Lindsey adds to that:
> This really doesn't belong in this group anymore.
He's right.

Words are not just words. They should not be interpreted the way a computer
parses and interprets the source code of a programming language. Please don't
'interpret' people's opinion's (or laws, for that matter) in a mechanical
way (without 'understanding' - you know, reading between the lines -). That's
pretty close to denying that such thing exists.

Michel 'Mikki' Waucomont

PostScript.um: EMI Manhattan's cover of The Kick Inside is MUCH nicer than
               the EMI UK cover.
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS JUST MY FUCKING HUMBLE OPINION. DON'T FLAME ME FOR IT.